- Match fabrics according to colour and pattern. i.e. light with dark, big with small.
- Mark the centre diagonal using an invisible pen (one that disappears over a couple of days).
- Stitch 1/4 inch either side of the ruled line - right sides together. I found 2mm stitch best. A 1/4 inch foot for the sewing machine was also very helpful.
- Cut down the centre line to create two composite squares. A roller blade made this much quicker.
- Press seams open - don't use steam.
ADVICE NEEDED: How should I put the composite squares (there are 64) together? Make patterns as in the above picture? Or keep it random?
WHAT I'VE LEARNT:
- Pre-cut squares save so much time.
- Measurements must be spot on.
- Roller blade cutters are very unforgiving with errors.